Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

10.08.2002

We did not make it to the condo. We got a late start and then Mark started listening to Kate Bush and well, that was that.

But we did make it to the post office and Salvation Army. Books were $2 a bag today. We got about 120 books or so, for $12. Fun in a bun. Should boost sales up quite a bit.

Daniel finally got his mtn bike fixed, he was having such troubles. He gets so frustrated and I feel bad for him, but I really can't do anything, except encourage him..and that just doesn't go very far. So he just took off for the bike hills and parts unknown. That kid lives on that bike.

My friend Karen won a 1968 Corvette in Blackhawk (gambling town 30 miles up the road in the mtns) last weekend. I'm glad for her, she's been on disability for a few years after a bad car accident and supplements that meager income with winnings from gambling. She loses sometimes too, but surprisingly, she does pretty well. She had the option of taking cash (about $45K I think) for the car instead, but she kept the car for her hubby Greg (pant pant) cause he's a total gearhead and has supported her for all these years. What a win, eh?

Time to check the chicken. Southern Fried tonight, tater tots and corn on the cob. Sheesh, you'd think I was cooking for my family in Gastonia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home