Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

8.06.2003

My sister was talking about weird food and food we ate while growing up. I have a few.

Crackers in milk - I still love crackers in milk. Crumble up about 15 saltines into bite size pieces into a glass and fill the glass with milk. Yummy. In my mountain of pictures of me from when I was little, there are three pictures of me at various ages, sitting in front of the tv...eating crackers and milk. I've noticed though that since I've gotten older, crackers aren't as salty as they used to be..and that makes this delicacy not as tasty as in days of yore. I've tried salting the crackers in milk to simulate what it used to taste like, but it's not the same. This is also good with cornbread, instead of crackers.

Fried Egg Sandwiches - Damn, I love me some fried egg samiches. I've gotten Mark totally hooked on them too, and we have them at least a couple of times a week. Fry an egg, good and hard..no juicy stuff. Make some toast. When the egg is done, slap a piece of American Cheese on it to melt. Load up the toast with mustard, and slap the egg inside. Mark likes it with a fried hot dog in it too. Heathen!

Fried Baloney Sandwiches - No explanation needed. Lotsa mustard.

Lettuce Sandwiches - My ex used to call this a "wish" sandwich. "Two slices of bread, some lettuce, and you wish you had some meat." But I eat it just cause it's yummy. Tons of mayo, and iceburg lettuce. that's it. Terrrific.

I remember a few foods from growing up that I hated then, and still hate now.

Salmon Patties - what in tarnation. Who thought this up? Gag.
My mom's spaghetti. - Barrrf....It's not spaghetti with sauce, it's more like pink spaghetti with a bunch of hamburger. I can't possibly explain it. ust don't make me eat it ever again.

So what's your weird food?









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home