Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

8.08.2002

I've decided to keep track of how many times I'm on the elevator today. I know everyone will be on the edge of their seats...dangling..waiting breathlessly for the information. Feh.

When I left work yesterday Gail was embroiled in a shouting match with Evelyn, the acting City Librarian. Not a good scene at all. The library already hates us so much as it is, and she is just making it so much worse.

I have a stack of work on my desk that is getting behind behind behind. Today is Board packet day..whee. Luckily, my new volunteer Sherry is here 5 days a week for 4 hours a day..so..she is doing them *for* me. Yippee! Should be an interesting Board meeting this time..lots of hot topics, and hot buttons if ya know what I mean.

The library has discovered my supreme (cough) photographic abilites and are using some of my pictures for it's publications. They are using 2 from the book sale in an upcoming newsletter, and a funny one of Drew (also from the booksale) in an upcoming in-house magazine. Im so psyched. We have an art student that part-times here, but she's so slow in getting contact sheets, getting the pictures developed, scanned, then burned onto a disc that they never use her. I take pictures one day and the next day they're on a disc ready to use.

We're also developing our website into something more interactive and fun, and we'll be using a lot of my pictures there, and I'm also supposed to be figuring out how to add a shopping cart and some of the library store items to the site. Suggestions? Helpful hints? Someone to do it for me?

School is almost ready to start. Cindi took the kids school supply shopping, as she does every year..which is fabulous. At this point they'd be going to school with a steno pad and a pencil if it were left to me. This month has just been brutal! I hope the kids have a good school year, and Daniel manages to stay out of trouble and pull his grades up. I know with Mark there things have already started to improve, he really puts the hammer down on Daniel..which I know he needs. It makes me feel bad for Daniel sometimes to see him in trouble all the time..but I know I've been too soft on him cause I feel sorry for him a lot.

Amanda had an interview yesterday. Cross your fingers!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home