Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

10.02.2003

I wonder what Laura will think of this.

Well, Dy's asleep on the couch, Mark's in bed and all is right with the world. Tomorrow is a big day, as they will finally be divorced. A source of strain for a l-o-n-g time will finally come to an end. I originally thought that I wouldn't go to the hearing, but Mark has expressed that he would like me to go, and I don't see any reason not to. They've already clarified all the details, it should just be a simple swish of the pen or two. Afterwards, we're going out for Indian. Masala and Kashmirri for ALL! Anyone want to come? We'll be at the Taj Mahal on Old Golden Road. I'll be the cute chubby blonde with a mouthful of Naan.

Class really wasn't all that horrible tonight. I'm getting pretty good at figuring out the nature of illness when we do our pretend scenarios. Before, they would tell us "ok, you're going on a shortness of breath call.." or "heart attack.." but now they don't tell us anything and we just have to figure it all out by our questioning and the signs and symptoms. Tonight everyone was stymied about this one patient, and me and one other girl were the only ones that recognized an amphetamine overdose. That was pretty cool. But then later, I felt really stupid when just 10 minutes before I was bragging outside to some other students that I didn't "need to review the Defibrillator station again, it's too easy"... then did my turn and when I was done, the instructor asked the class.."Ok, can you tell me what THREE things she did wrong..?!" ACK.

In all, I feel pretty darn good about my level of knowledge and I'm confident I can do this, in real life. Mark laughs and rolls his eyes everytime we go out somewhere cause I will lean over and whisper "Gees, I wish someone would keel over or choke or something.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home