Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

7.10.2002

Someone is writing in their blog about someone they know that has a brain tumor. I'm not posting the link, cause I don't care for his blog, and think you probably wouldnt either. He's writing about a pregnant woman who is "talented successful, attractive, nice..blah blah blah" She is getting treatment, and the prognosis is good. I wish her the best, of course..but what bothers me is his "why oh why" attitude. It's naive and immature. And people that wring their hands and whine about shit that is out of their hands is highly irritating.

Shit happens. Shit happens to nice people, sometimes deservedly so. Call it Karma, God, mojo, tit for tat, reap what you sow - whatever. We do things that invite problems and trouble into our lives. We all have problems. Some of us have big problems.

Maybe I'm callous, maybe I'm desensitized. But I think I'm realistic. Why oh why, he says. Well, why the fuck are there kids locked in their bedrooms right now while their parents drink, shoot up and ignore them? Why are children sitting in their own shit developing multiple personalities to deal with the neglect? Why do people slap babies for crying? Why can't good people who's hearts ache every night for want of a child have one? Why do 20 year old Jeremy's get cancer? Cause they just do. Bad things happen to good people. And bad people, too.

Concentrate on coping. And act, if you're so inclined. Wringing your hands just makes them raw.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home