Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

7.07.2002

Well, I told everyone goodnight a bit ago, but planted myself here first.

Had to read my forums, and my blogs. I check about 6 blogs several times a day to see if they've written. Why..I have no idea. Why does anyone come here and read my disheveled rantings, I dont know. Are we addicted? To what? To writing? To reading? I know I am totally addicted to both. I will see something funny or interesting, and immediately think I need to write it down. The blog is the perfect answer for me, because I can type as fast as I think. I work through things here. I grind through my issues here and somehow seeing them in print makes them clearer, more palatable, more "fixable". I write with some sense of humor that makes the big things tolerable, and common. I would have as hard of a time stopping writing as I have had kicking other addictions..some unsuccessfully. This is my Dr. Katz.

And I have to read blogs. I am addicted to what is going on in these peoples lives. Is it voyeuristic? To some degree. Is it being nosy? Definately yes. Dan used to call me the Window Monitor when we lived on Sheridan. God, what was the name of that apartment complex? (edit -- Westminster Manor!) Anyway, I used to be forever looking out the window to see what was going on at someone else's house.
Cops? great, let's check it out.
Company? Hmm..who is it?
Firetrucks? Fabulous, maybe someone had a heart attack.
Someone got evicted? We'll be talking about this for days.

No matter what was going on in the neighborhood, I knew about it or saw it, it seemed like.

Now my tendencies are of a much more cerebral nature. Peeping out the window isn't nearly good enough. I have to know. I have to seek out Those Who Can Write and absorb that which they sometimes think no one is reading. If I find a blog, even a good one that seems like it's been written for the reader, I don't like it. I like people that can write a rant the size of Mt. Rushmore one day and maybe just the word "fuck." the next..and I understand that kind of thinking. Reading blogs is a hobby much like knitting, or painting, or building model airplanes. My other interests are parallel. Reality Tv. Non Fiction Books. I eat.it.up. Reading other people's blogs is a natural progression of my interests. The one's I show as recommended, I read daily, at least. Others I read frequently. Some I read occasionally. I have at least 50 blogs bookmarked. Sometimes I will click through several links of blogs, and totally forget how I got there.

I'm off on a tangen that I never meant to start. Just wanted to wonder for a minute why we need these words, these blogs. I still don't know.

Mostly what I'm wondering is what's going on at Dy's house.
She could find a minute to write, right? I mean, we're dying here! - lol.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home