Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

7.03.2002

I really didn't mean anything by it.

Dy (Mark's wife) and I were talking about Laura and Denny's blogs (Dy's sister and brother-in-law) and I mentioned that Denny's seemed like it came from much deeper thought, while Laura's seemed a little more "surface". An offhand remark that I think may have offended Laura, which I apologize for, if that's true. All in all tho, that's the beauty of the blog, isn't it? It's whatever the hell we want it to be. If lyrics are the only thing that convey my feelings for 13 days, then that's what I post. If I want to rant and rave about the people in my life that make life difficult, you'll probably read it here. Some people post thought provoking essays about life, love and the pursuit of happiness. Some people post what they ate today. I post just about everything. My blog is my therapy. It's my cathartic outlet for the things that are rolling around in my head that I need to get out. And my writing is so indicative of my personality, I write like I speak. People that know me personally can read it and they always say "you talk just like that."

We think we get to know people through their blogs, when that's all we have of them. I read anywhere from 15-20 blogs a day, some regularly, some new ones. I don't know Laura and Denny very well, having only spent a small amount of time with them. But what I do know of Laura isn't reflected in her blog. She's talkative, opinionated, very funny, and deeply moved by a lot of issues. But her blog is light and...well.."surface".
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I just love getting to know people through their writing, and I wish I could know her better that way too.

The whole dynamics of this family is daunting, they are tight and close-knit, and I am a complete and total outsider. I'm the "gal-pal" of the man that (I think I can safely say) broke Dy's heart. But we are forced to interact because of Emma. Mark will always have a relationship with these people, they are Emma's mother and family. I wish I could look forward to getting to know them better as the years pass, yet I think sometimes they either wish I would just go away, or they think me a fool for being so stupid to be with Mark. I will never fit in, I will never be a confidante... for good reason. They know where my loyalties lie, and vice versa.

So, Laura I guess all I can say is keep doing what you're doing. Don't worry about the likes of me and my ridiculous assumptions and question why you keep a blog at all. Of all people I have no place to judge how someone structures their writing, just look at my creedo at the top of the page.
"It's for me, goddammit."
And yours is for you.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home