Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

7.02.2002

Wha ha happen wuz...

Just got back from lunch with Anne, Drew and Jessica. Great fun. We went to Subway and we couldn't stop saying shit about "Jerod."

"Jerod, you off the diet?"
"Look, Jerod's off his diet"
"Jerod, you're my hero"

Then Drew said something about the PBS show Frontier House and he said "What had happened was..." we all just started laffing and couldnt stop saying "wha ha happen wuzzz..." over and over. We're totally whacked and in need of a serious vacation or something.

Last night was a little crazy at the old homestead. Tempers are flaring and feelings are raw, things are just frazzled right now. I know everything will fall into place and become routine and normal, I just don't know how many bodies we'll have room to bury in the back yard before then. Moving is so damn stressful! I love our new neighborhood tho, I actually heard a fucking rooster crowing this morning at about 6:30 am. It kept up until I left for work. Insane! Daniel loves that there are so many place to ride his bike to nearby, Kt loves the fact that Charlie doesn't have to drive as far anymore.

Amanda called me this morning and said she got laid off. She just moved in to her own apartment (her first) this past weekend. I know she'll be able to find something else pretty quick, she has a lot of good skills and is a great worker. She was really upset, but I told her to just take a day or two and regroup..go swimming, lay on the couch and eat Bugles, drink soda and watch Jerry Springer. I think she's gonna come over this weekend and we'll do a resume up for her. It'll be fine, I think. Everybody cross your fingers.

We're gearing up for the 27th Annual Used Book Sale, which we were remiss to come up with a slogan for. I picked the slogan for the spring sale ("A sale so nice, we had it twice") and it was hella cool to see it plastered all over signs, flyers, newspapers, even mentioned on the radio. Again, hella cool. Anne begged me to come up with a slogan for the summer sale, but alas, my brain was dry that day. So now it's just the 27th Annual Summer Used Book Sale. I'm actually really looking forward to it, working the booksale is so much fun. Tiring, long hours..but great fun.

Today is my one year anniversary here at work. Whee.

I am virtually the only Notary here at the library, so I always get all the weirdos up here getting stuff notarized, mostly big fat black women with 11 babies in tow suing their deadbeat dads for child support. Seriously. Well, I just got done notarizing a will for the cutest gay couple. They were flaming, I kid you not. But very fun. They were surprised when I told them there was no charge for the Notary service, especially since we've been sitting here for a good 30 mins signing paper after paper. When he left, he gave us a 50 dollar donation to the Friends. Niiice.

Back to work..I think I'm the only one I know still emplyed at this point. Better keep it that way.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home