Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

9.18.2002

Well.

I don't know what's going on but it's not pleasant. I think it's just a general leave-me-alone day but it's coming across as a fuck-you day. Directed at me..not from me, let me clarify. I'm trying to just let the night go by without waves but it's hard not to make a few ripples.

I have to give out a few nods.

To RN at positivenegativ who came and signed the guestmap. I read her blog and lo and behold she had me linked there. How fun is that. The best thing about her blog is that she has nicknames for everyone. Like I used to do. You know, before. huh, Dy.

Also to Tyler at Just Another Day who signed in. Check out the "list" on the map to see them and their fun comments.

One more, to Ashley S. who wrote me this fun email:
Hi there... I was searching for a song called "Grasshoppers in my Pillow" and your site was brought up. (Because of your 100-things-about-you-list, having
mentioned grasshoppers and pillows.) Naturally, I was curious and read your whole damn site. I liked it, and I like your candor. and I love when people
make "lists" about themselves! Good job.


Among the muck, sunlight..inevitably.

**********************

Katie and Charlie are into documentaries. They rent them, watch them on tv..where-ever they can find them. Tonight they drove all the way up to CU in Boulder with about 10 of their friends to watch a free showing of The Two Towns of Jasper.
In 1998 in Jasper, Texas, James Byrd, Jr., a black man, was chained to a pick-up truck and dragged to his death by three white men. The town was forever altered, and the nation woke up to the horror of a modern-day lynching. In "Two Towns Of Jasper," two film crews, one black and one white, set out to document the aftermath of the murder by following the subsequent trials of the local men charged with the crime. The result is an explicit and troubling portrait of race in America, one that asks how and why a crime like this could have occurred.

We talked about it some when she got home. Her description of the movie made me so sad.

But glad I have a daughter that cares about such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home