Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

1.02.2003

This was sparked by a discussion and an incident that isn't important, but I felt the urge to rant about it..

I will start by saying I'm not really a dog person. I mean, I've had my share of dogs over the years and I do become attached to them, but I think it must be on some shallow, cursory level because I see behavior in some other dog owners that I find abhorent. Most people's dogs are fine, but some are not, and some people just don't seem to notice. And some people spend embarassing amounts of money on dogs.

We had a neighbor once who had a beautiful Irish Setter. Dakota was his name. Gorgeous, playful dog. But Dakota had this annoying habit of eating rocks from the backyard. Not pebbles that would pass smoothly through his digestive tract. No, Dakota ate huge rocks that would have to be surgically removed time and time again. The family removed the rocks from their backyard, but Dakota was always digging one up or finding one somewhere, and eating it. I swear, this dog had a least three surgeries to remove rocks from his stomach..each surgery costing around $1000.00. I'm sorry, but I am not paying the equivalent of a month's rent just because my dog is a dumbass. Night Night.

Dakota was also a crotch sniffer, one of the most inexcusable dog behaviors of all time. Believe me, if your dog puts his nose in my crotch, I will ensure that both you and the dog recognize it as unacceptable behavior. Sorry dog..don't get up on me, don't jump on me, and certainly don't lick me. Don't even act like you want to.

People pay riduclous amounts of money to get sick dogs well, make stupid dogs appear smart, and to keep dead dogs alive. I cannot afford to get my teeth fixed, buy the medicine I'm supposed to take, or have regular gynecological exams.

I know i know, you'll say "he's a part of the family", "he's like my kid"...etc...but just remember not everyone loves your dog..and if you've been so neglectful of his common training that he exhibits behavior like this...we don't like you all that well either.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home