Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

3.20.2003

Yea, so we were stuck in the house for a couple of days. We finally dug out (ok Mark did) today because I really needed to go to the grocery store, and we really needed to go to the post office too. Almost a wasted trip to go to the store, the shelves were bare! No bread, no frozen food, no eggs, etc. I'm sure they missed more than a few deliveries over the past few days.

It was kinda fun venturing out on foot yesterday, there were a few neighbors out and everyone was genuinely friendly. Everyone was asking each other "you guys doing ok?!" Need anything?!" That was nice. It would have been a much more enjoyable day if we'd have had cable and internet access. Instead we were forced to watch network television (the horror!) and quietly wonder how many orders were coming in. (a lot).

We also went to the thrift store today where I am pleased as punch to have picked up this beauty from 1953 for $5:



I know Mark really wants to sell it, they go for around $120 on ebay. But I've been looking for one for a long time, and finding a 1953 heavy-duty and
still-working mixer like this is a treasure to me, so we're gonna keep it. Even while I was walking around the store with it a man approached me and said "I don't suppose I could talk you into giving that up, could I?" Heh...."nope."

Katie did not get out to San Francisco, they are instead going on Tuesday. Minor inconvenience, but it works out. I was a little nervous with her being gone with all this rigamarole with the shrub going on, but I think I'm ok about it now.

Cindi comes home from Mexico tomorrow. We shoulda filled her easy chair with snowballs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home