Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

5.05.2003

I really have nothing to say. We're very busy, because there has been a bug in half.com's system for months, and we had about 600 books in limbo. They were listed, but didnt show up when people searched. Well, they've been released and we're running around like crazy people. It's like we've just added 8% or so more books to our inventory, which means the numbers of orders coming in increases a bit.

The "Books for Sale" list over there has been updated also, and it is a mere 1.5mg now. Very slim, so now it's fast and easy to find that certain book you've been looking for. Plus, we've started selling bulk lots of books on ebay. Danielle Steel, Tom Clancy, Goosebumps...go look!!! Plug plug plug.

See? That's how boring my life is.

My dad, stepmom and my sister came over for dinner. Pretty fun. They didn't stay too late, as Cindi didn't feel good, and my dad and Marla have to get up at 4:30am. eek! Told them if they ever need a wake up call to let me know, cause I'm often still up.

Had a nice chat with Denny online, and wished he didn't have to go to bed so early. We have good chat.

Mark says tomorrow morning we have to go pick up my birthday present. He said it wont fit in the Nissan. Yowsah. What could it be? I have an idea, but will wait for the surprise.

I went to the grocery store during the day again today. You guessed it. Retirees. Everywhere. I noticed that when they get in line, they are very reluctant to leave their buggies and go around the counter where you pay. They prefer to stand behind their buggies, even while the clerk is checking them out. They need to be up there writing their check and whatnot, but they don't. The lady in front of me waited until the clerk said her total then she finally moved around to the counter, and started digging for her checkbook. Meanwhile, we all stand around and wait while she tries to remember what year to write. I felt like saying, "get up there, be ready. I'm not gonna steal your fucken SOS pads."

Katie and I decided at Arc the other day that we are the best "payers" around. I fold all the clothes I buy so that the price tag is right there, face up for the clerk. I've got my money or card out and ready, we bag our own stuff if no ones around, and we are outta there post haste. I guess if you have to be good at something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home