Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

5.16.2003

Well, that little moment of bliss didn't last long.

My mom called at about 10:30 and said:


Mom: I'm in trouble over here
Me: What's wrong?
Mom: My basement is full of water, and I've been bailing it for a long time and I think I'm having a heart attack.
::Click::

Ooh boy, That conversation was like a shot of espresso. Mark and I went over there, I called Cindi on the way and we all met over there to see what was going on. She was feeling better when we got there, but still winded and heart racing. Why the hell would she try to bail out all that water by herself? Martyr be thy name.

So we got all the water mopped up (that basement has been a water seeping/leaking/sopping problem since we were kids.) This time it looks like the sprinkler maintenance guys did something they weren't supposed to, or the aerator guy did something..or I dunno what. We stayed for quite a while and chatted about anything and everything, ate her Milanos and just got home.

She says she's calling a realtor. I'll believe it when I see it. -Or- she says she'd like to take out a reverse mortgage (which means she can borrow the full value of the house, about $180K and never pay it back.) What will happen, is when she passes away, the house will have to be sold to pay for the reverse mortgage, and there will be no money left anywhere after that. I don't like that idea. Not that I'm expecting to get filthy rich off of an inheritance or anything, I'm just sayin...

Oh by the way, Cindi. She wants your stuff out of there. heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home