Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

7.08.2003

Yay, Patrick and Kimberly signed the new and improved guestmap. Now Im not sitting in the world alone. Still feels that way sometimes tho, you know how it is.

Today was massive book buying day. 3 Sally's and 18 bags later..we're pooped. We were lazy about pulling and packing books over the holiday weekend, and it's been a formidable job today getting all that taken care of too.

I just watched Sling Blade for about the 20th time. It's one of those favorite movies that anytime you are spanning the channels, you stop and watch for a bit..and then end up watching the whole thing. I'm like that with a couple of others too, Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction to name a couple. I just really love Sling Blade. It makes me bawl. Not to mention the cinematography and acting. Stellar.

I don't have much else to report. I have a lot to do, and not much time to do it. There's so much that needs to be done around the house here, but there's too much other things to be done too. I need to get my dress for the wedding in to be dry cleaned, for one. I've got to get on that.

I ordered a plastic "torso" to hang my ebay dresses on, I can't wait till it gets here to get those listed. I think it will make them look a lot better, rather than just putting them on a hanger. It's a black one...I hope it works out, cause the torso is a size 8 i think, which is standard, and some of these dresses are big.

I have two auctions up now that are going really well. One is another dollhouse that I got for $5 and I just listed it today, and it's already at $9.50. The other is the second Spyderco (knives) shirt that I found at a thrift store, 2 for $1.89. I auctioned one already, and it went for $25. Fun!

I have one non-payer from an auction that ended last week, tho. I hate that. I email them every day (sometimes more) and typically make their life very uncomfortable until they pay. It's so damn rude to win an auction and then just drop off the face of the earth. Bleh on you people! This is my job, my only income here. Do the right thing.

I picked up two more dollhouses today at Salvation Army. Those seem to go so well. I hate it when people ask me what I'm doing with all these books, or all these dollhouses or whatever. I don't feel obligated to tell them that I sell them, but I usually do tell them anyway. I just don't want them to start doing it too, and then they'll weed out stuff before it ever gets put up for sale. I guess I'm just stingy.

Tomorrow is a massive post office run, we'll probably be there an hour, no kidding. Then we've got to take care of some why-did-we-buy-this-shit-car business. There's a big ball of dread hanging over us about that one. I don't think we have any recourse, but maybe. But probably not. Bleh.

Time for bed I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home