Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

8.14.2003

I've had such a productive morning! How nice it is when the house is empty.

So far today I've:
secured insurance for the Taurus
signed and mailed our new rental lease (along with 12 months worth of checks)
gotten a copy of my motor vehicle record (insurance said i had two 2 point tickets..wrong!)
faxed that to the agent
paid my water bill and mailed it
filled out some school paperwork
verified Emma's immunizations, (they said she was missing one, - she isn't) and faxed that to the school,
filled out a new application for Emma's state-based health insurance and sent it off

Now I still have to call about getting Emma's glasses repaired (again), wait for a call from our insurance adjuster about Katie's car and decide where to go from there. And that's about it for the day!

Last night Katie and I went to Office Depot to get some filing supplies. When I was married I had a wonderful filing system with sections for each item and then sub sections for each specific thing. A school section, then folders for Katie, Amanda and Daniel, a car section with folders for each car, a medical section with folders for each person, a house section with separate folders for repairs, lease, etc. The past couple of years I've just been putting everything into one big brown envelope, but it's getting unwieldy and too hard to keep track of things. I think in the past 2 years Mark has had to get at least 2 copies of Emma's birth certificate, cause he kept losing it. No more!

So today I will be a filing fool. For some reason, when I got divorced, Dan thought he needed to take the filing cabinet and it's contents. He wouldn't copy anything, so I had to get all new copies of shot records, birth certificates, everything! Ridiculous.

Other than that, I'm taking it easy today. Yesterday entailed too much running around and sweating my ass off. Today is much more calm. (Sssh, don't say that too loud)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home