Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

6.24.2002

From kt's blog: (email me for the link)
Sunday, June 23, 2002


The Vans Warped Tour was today. Oh my gosh, it was so hot. We left my end of town at 11 and didnt actually get out of the car until about 12:45. It would have normally been a 30 minute drive but the traffic for the concert was insane.
There were so many f*ing people there. Lesbians, old people, beautiful people, ugly people, dirty, smelly people, and so many more. Charlie and I got seperated from Megan and Kathy a few times but they always found thier way back. I think the best band was probably Anti-Flag or New Found Glory. We got a bunch of cool shwag. I cannot even begin to explain how tired we are tho.

I am eating Quaker grits, and they are so f*ing good.

Charlies shoe got lost in the pit during Anti-Flag, and I LOVE those shoes, so I dove in to find it. It didnt even take that long, and I snatched it out of the sweaty grass.
I think it was far too overcrowded. By the end, you couldnt even see the grass, it was completely saturated with water bottles and shit like that. It was absolutely disgusting. And when you are actually in the crowd for a band, you cant breathe, move, or think. You just stand in the blistering heat pretending you love it, because you really do. Water was 3 dollars and we must have spent a fortune on it. Even tho the people were smelly and the food was overpriced, Charlie and I had a great time. I wish I would have worn a tank top, tho.
Overall, Warped Tour ROCKED. I would recommend it, but I would also recommend staying home next time so that we arent suffocating in the crowds. Im so selfish.
Cheers!
posted by Katie O'Shea at 11:11 PM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home