Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

5.30.2003

Friday Five

1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
I want my kids to remember that they could tell me anything. And for the most part, I think they do.

2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?
"I'll sleep when I'm dead" ~Warren Zevon

3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?
I didn't freak out when I got laid off, but dove full force into selling books with Mark.

4. What about the past ten years?
Getting the guts to kick Dan to the curb finally.

5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?
You deserve what you accept. Speak up. Communicate.

***********

It's been kind of an emotional "let's get this shit worked out" day. Lots of things have been pushed under the rug lately, and well, the rug gets too lumpy to walk on after a while. I feel wrung out, but pretty good.

Emma's suffering with numerous skeeter bites, they really seem to be bugging her big time. I have some really good stuff called "After Bite" that you dab on the bites and they stop itching, but so far she's balking, saying "I need the pink stuff". You know, calamine. The stuff that doesn't work..?! Gah.


"That's not pink."
"I know, but it works really good"
"My mommy said the medicine for mosquito bites is pink"
"Well, why don't we try this and see."
"No".
"Please?"
"No."

*sigh.

My house is a mess. I did some laundry but it's sitting around waiting to be put away. A few days ago we thought the big freezer was broke and moved everything out of it and into my teeny tiny fridge freezer, some stuff didn't make it and we had to throw it away. Yesterday it was 97 fucking degrees and I cooked a turkey. I had to. Now we have figured out that the freezer isn't broken, it was self-defrosting or something.

I'm so glad that in 13 days I will be in Atlanta with 200 of my closest friends. I need a break from real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home