Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

8.08.2003

Friday Five

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?

Mark and I went to Atlanta in June of this year, for a knife convention. Great fun.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?

Maybe when I left my planner at a phone booth in New Mexico, while on a road trip with Katie. We had $10, a pack of cigarettes and my Texaco card after that. My ex wired us $200 and we had to beg Iranian motel owners to give us a room with no ID. Also on this trip, everything that happened in Roswell New Mexico was weird. Everything.

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?

I want desperately to go on a Caribbean cruise, and also would like to see Israel, and the South Pacific.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?

I love love love car trips. Mark and I drove from Washington DC to Denver last year, and it was sooo fun. We took 4 days, stopped everywhere, searched out thrift stores and funky pubs, stopped at nearly every rest stop for some amour al fresco, drove through shitty neighborhoods just to see the cities, and stayed in really cheap motels. It was the absolutely best trip ever. A close second is the road trip Katie and I took to NM. Car trips are great fun.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?

We're tentatively planning a UK trip, but we may end up going somewhere else first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home