Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

10.30.2003

Stop the ride, I want off.

So on my way to school last night my dad calls and said that Dr. Bob had died. Our family physician since I was very small. I remember being in his office as early as about 5 years old. He retired 3 years ago, and then got cancer. The funeral was this morning, so I went with my dad. There was easily 500 or so people there, and the church was standing room only. We got there early enough to get a seat, been then was asked to move because they hadn't reserved enough pews for the family, so we ended up standing in the back. It was really sad, and lots of folks had good things to say about him. It was an open casket, and he actually looked pretty good. There was a reception afterwards, but I couldn't go cause I had to get home and get ready for Emma's party.

So the party went well, it was pretty low key...as low key as kindergartners get, I suppose. We played a game, decorated cookies, and had a veratible free-for-all. Dy drove up for it and was a big help, as was Mark. There was a lot of other moms there too.

Now, I have to get ready for school again. Last night was not great at school. We did scenarios and I don't think I did very well and left feeling pretty bummed. I talked to another student that I've become pretty good friends with and he was very encouraging. Let's hope it goes better tonight.

I'm just so tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home