Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

11.10.2003

No Monday Mission today, so I pulled one out of his archives.


1. Do you have a side of the bed on which you prefer to sleep? Do you sleep on that side even when traveling or does it matter?

When I was married I always slept on the right side of the bed (as you're laying on it) and I still do. It feels a litle anti-feng shui-ish when I don't. And yes, I sleep there when we're traveling too.

2. What is your favorite "Theme Park?" How come and when was the last time you were there?
I like Theme Parks for the rides. Ambience is nothing, really. I haven' been to that many, Disneyland sucked, but was fun for the kids. The rides were just lame-o. I loved Magic Mountain in Calif but got a migraine halfway through the day and couldn't even fathom riding anything else after that. Plus, it was 114 degrees that day. I've never found an amusement park ride I was afraid to ride.

3. What is your most and least favorite thing about staying in hotels?
Hm, I love the little sample things. How white trash is that? And I love when you go out for the day and you come back and everything is all tidy again. The worst thing? Leaving.

4. Did you ever take family vacations that required looooooong car rides? Were siblings involved ("Stop touching me! Don't cross this line!)? Were the trips just unbearable or did you make up some "car ride games" to pass the time?
Not as a child, but when I was married we drove to California a few times. Once when Daniel was 1, Kt was 3 and Amanda was 7. Not fun, not fun, not fun. One California car trip was ok, the kids were older and I read "The Green Mile" to everyone while we rode. They liked that.

5. With all the drilled peep-holes and spy-cams we hear about on the news, have you ever felt self-conscious about taking off your clothes in a hotel bathroom? Has wondering if someone was on the other side of that mirror on the wall above the dresser made you think twice about "gettin' busy?"

No, I've never felt that in a hotel. I feel like that in dressing rooms sometimes tho - and restaurant bathrooms sometimes. (By the way, if someone wants to watch me gettin busy - more power to ya). Sometimes tho, I will "plant" something a certain way on top of in my suitcase so I can tell if housekeeping has gone through it. They never have, that I can tell.

6. Describe the most romantic vacation you have ever taken or if that does not apply, tell me about the worst vacation you have ever taken.
Everytime Mark and I have gone somewhere there's been an element of romance to it. Our trip to Vegas was good because he hadn't really admitted that he wanted to be boyfriend/girlfriend, but it was the first time he held my hand. Our drive from Wash DC to Denver was good because we had 5 days to sit in the car and talk. We both loved it. The worst vacation was probably the second drive to California. Daniel was 3, Kt 5 and Amanda 9. Our car kept breaking down and we'd have to pull over so D*n could mess with it. Very stressful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home