Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

9.06.2002

We got these things at the Harvest Festival, little packets called "Child Identification Kit". It's a complex package that at first I thought was a good idea. Now I'm a little freaked out about it. It contains an envelope for you to put a few strands of your childs hair in..for DNA purposes. And a little stamp pad thing and a place for their fingerprints. You are to collect the hair and fingerprints in this kit and then take it to your local police department where they will "store the information in a National Database". The idea being of course that should your child ever turn up missing or god forbid, dead..that this will be a means to identify them. At first I thought "oh, cool."

Then I wondered if I would want my DNA in a National Database.

Maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home