Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

10.04.2002

I thought I had a great idea. Apparently, I'm an idiot.

Daniel is forever working on his bikes. There's always some niggly thing wrong here or there, and he really has no clue what he's doing. Once we took it up to the bike shop to see how much they would charge to help him thread a brake cable and they said it would take about 2 minutes, but be $10. Stupid. He finally did it himself, with a little help from his dad, who is generally no help at all. Mark tries to help him when he can, but he doesn't know all that much about bikes, and generally ends up being frustrated with Daniel.

So I called the bike shop with what I thought was a great idea. I said "my son is 14, and loves to work on bikes, but he really doesn't know what he's doing. Would it be possible for him to come in maybe 1 afternoon a week and "apprentice" as a volunteer, to learn?"
"No."

Oookaayy, then.

Nobody wants to help out a kid anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home