Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

6.20.2003

I realized something last night, that was really wacky.

Right after Dan and I broke up, I started talking to a guy from my knife site that I frequent. We would IM each other, emailed, we even talked on the phone. It got a little serious, as serious as a long distance online only relationship can be..which isn't much..but still. Anyway, we spoke everyday, and there were plans to meet, yada yada yada.

Anyway, I realized that I met him at the Blade show, and didn't connect who he was. He was overtly friendly, even taking me away from my "group" for a while to meet his friends. I liked him a lot, but was definitely operating under the "I just met you" guise, keeping the conversation cursory but friendly. He seemed to know a couple of things about me that not very many people know, which I thought only mildly odd at the time.

Then last night while reading some postings at my knife place in cyberspace, I realized who he was. I was embarassed that I treated him so flippantly, and then thought maybe since Mark was there and all, that that behavior was approriate anyway. But it was a really weird feeling to realize who he was all of the sudden. I suppose it's a good thing I didn't realize it at the time, I think I would have felt really awkward.

********
I saw this over at Max's and I hope he doesn't mind if I quote his post, and post the link. It's truly amazing, you have to watch this video.

"There's a new Honda commercial in the UK. The film uses no computer graphics or digital tricks. Everything you see really happened, in real time, exactly as you see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. Despite being only two minutes long, the film cost $6 million and took three months to complete.

The film is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history.

There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars.

The voiceover is Garrison Keillor.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real."

Check it out:
Honda Ad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home