Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

6.19.2003

Well the cars are gone, gone, gone. I feel a great sense of closure, but did come in the house and had one more crying jag about it. I can do that if I want.

It was surreal to watch the only two cars I've ever owned be dragged away by a tow truck and a big burly old man named Pete. Getting the Hyundai up on the flatbed was horrific. There were no tires left, just melted rubber so he had to just drag it down the driveway, the front bumper scraping the concrete the whole time. Emma was out there with me, initially very excited to see everything..but about halfway through she declared that this was "freaking her out" and went inside.

Pete asked for the keys to the Corsica, he said so he could unlock the wheel and "ease it down the driveway". I went inside for a second and came out to see him inside the car, rolling up the median. I cringed, knowing I had forgotten to tell him it had no brakes. Zoinks.

But he got them both hooked up at the same time, and down the street they went. I now have $110 in my pocket, the total worth of two cars. I don't need to tell you I shelled out a lot more than that for them. Sigh.

Every morning, I get up thinking of things I want to do that day, and then remembering I have to get a ride everywhere. Bleh. I had planned on getting a Water World pass this summer and going and hanging out with Daniel, Katie and Cindi there but now it seems pointless, considering I don't have a way to get there. Ah well...

Today after cleaning up the driveway, thought "I think I'll take Emma swimming at North Jeffco"...and then wondering if I should ask Mark yet again for a ride. He's been incredibly patient, and always has the attitude of "wherever you need to go, I will take you" but I still have to work around whatever else he's got going on. I know, I should stop complaining. But I probably won't anytime soon.

I have so much I should be doing. Laundry, tidying, listing books, putting things up on ebay, yada yada yada. But I just don't wanna. Not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home