Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

12.10.2003

My name is Danelle, and I am an environmental nightmare.

I double bag my groceries in plastic (tho I do save the bags...well most of them) and I loathe live plants and landscaping or gardening of any description.

But my latest affinity is for probably the most cancer causing, ozone depleting, plant killing chemical compilation known as ammonium sulfate, magnesium chloride and calcium chloride. Also known as "Ice Melt". This is the greatest shit since cotton candy.

We have an abnormally steep driveway, and a front patio that gets virtually no sun because of it's architecture. Ice Melt has become my new best friend. No more will we tiptoe along the path, hands planted firmly on the brick wall for balance. And never again will we go sailing through the air, landing on our asses as we try to navigate the ridiculous angle of our driveway after trying in vain to hang on to something...anything...in attempt to stay upright.

In atonement, I vow to recycle my cans, and write to the company that makes cordial cherries and ask them to reduce their excessive packaging.

But don't touch my damn Ice Melt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home