Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

12.06.2002

Guess who I saw the other day. Royce. Only about 3 people will know who that is. Cindi is laughing. Or saying "oh god.."

Royce is the..god what is he. He is the Arvada Mascot, let's say. He has cerebral palsy and he used to work for my dad, when my dad used to have a barbershop about a million years ago (when I was young, so maybe 5 years ago..ok 20! Are you happy!) Anyway...digressionalization..

He also used to sell light bulbs door to door in Arvada. I don't know if he just went and bought them at the store and then tried to sell them or what. Maybe he had a light bulb connection and got them cheap. A lot of people used to buy light bulbs from him..because, well..it was Royce. I remember him coming to our house a couple of times, but not too many, I think he stuck mostly around Olde Town. I do remember my mom saying a few times "damn, there goes another bulb, where's Royce when ya need him."

So anyway, I totally forgot all about Royce, but now live dangerously close to Olde Town Arvada, henceforth known as "Mulletville". So we were driving to Sally and there he was on the corner of Independence and 58th. I was excitedly trying to explain to Mark who he was, and at the same time roll down my window. We sped past him and I yelled "Hey Royce!"

Mark thought I was insane, yelling at handicapped people on the street so.

Royce is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home