Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

6.02.2003

My divorce was final 3 years ago today. Yes, you can say Happy Birthday if you want, cause I definitely felt reborn.

Just don't say it too loud, cause I'm sick. I have achies, my throat hurts, my ear hurts, I have a hacking dry cough, I have some sort of weird stomach cramps going on and for some God forsaken reason my right heel hurts so bad I have to walk on tippie toes on that foot.

I'm going to try to take a shower and a dayquil (not necessarily in that order) and see if I feel good enough to go with Mark to Northglenn for books. Don't hold your breath.

Today's weirdness:
Mark and I were having trouble falling asleep last night. We went to bed about 1:30 but were tossing and turning and still talking to each other till well after 2-2:30. Then at about 2:50 as we were both juuuust starting to drift...

The doorbell rang.

Nobody rings your doorbell at 2:50 in the morning for any good reason. Maybe they've hit your car, killed your dog, or they are bleeding and need to use your phone. Or maybe someone is chasing them and they've managed to get away long enough to ring your doorbell. None of this is good.

No one ever rings your doorbell at 3 in the morning to give you a free tv or anything.

We were totally freaked out. We hurried and put bathrobes on and ran down there, it couldn't have been more than 20 seconds after it rang that we opened the door, but there was no one there. Mark walked out to the street and said there was no one around anywhere. My heart was pounding wildly, and I could not get over it. It was so weird. We laid awake for probably another 45 minutes or so, just talking about how damn weird that was. I'm still a little freaked out about it.

Ok, off to try to feel better. Wish me luck.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home