Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

9.20.2003

We're all copasetic after a pretty shitty night. Tempers, hurt feelings, things said and done not meant. I know you've been there.

We went to breakfast at 1am, and all is well. The important thing is to learn something about why heated situations happen, and how not to let it happen again. We took awhile to insure that.

________________

Speaking of insurance..I just got a letter in the mail today about insurance. Very nasty mail from the Colorado Insurance Program Enforcement or something equally as omnious.

"We have instituted a database whereas uninsured motorists are indentified and contacted. You must provide proof of insurance of your vehicle in 7 days or your driver's license will be suspended, your registration will be adminisitratively cancelled, and you may face a fine of up to $1000."

"The vehicle in question is a 1997 Hyundai Elantra, VIN number blah blah blah"

[coffee spew] Hahahaha!!!

"Dear Sirs,
You are most correct in assuming I do not have insurance on this vehicle. This vehicle burned to the ground on June 8, 2003. It was towed away and is now located at J&B's salvage yard, and is, at this time, probably a 4' X 4' hunk of cubed metal, which, if my understanding of Colorado insurance law is correct, requires no insurance.
Thank you very much."

_____________

There was an article in the paper yesterday about a 9-month old baby that choked on a prune pit On September 9. She was left alone in her car seat in a bedroom at the babysitter's, her first day ever in day care. No one knew the baby was dead until the parents came to pick her up, and she had been dead for nearly 3 hours, the Coroner surmised. The story itself is wrenching, but what really pissed me off is the reporter(s). I don't understand why they feel they have license to be so freaking insensitive.

At the end of the article, it says:
"Andrea Kramer said she has changed nothing in the baby's room, so far."

Helllooo? One would assume this response came after a reporter's question of "Have you changed her room yet?"

Let me tell you something, if one of my kids died on September 9, yesterday I would have still been in a dry bathtub with my knees to my chest, with the shower curtain closed and the lights off.

Hard to believe, I know, but it might take me more than 10 days to turn my dead child's room into an office.

Cripes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home