Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

10.18.2003

What a great night.

Had my dad and stepmom Marla over for dinner and it was so fun. Katie made the most delish salad, and the ribs came out melt-in-your-mouth tender as usual. Man, it was tasty.

Lots of good conversation, and my dad liked his big ol' radio. I felt bad that he had to haul it home, hopefully he can get it in the house and down the stairs ok.

I found out that Marla (stepmom, not the cat) is going to Pharmacy Tech school and is due to take the test in November. Wow! Everyone is getting into the Pharmacy groove. She had some good advice for Katie, who is mulling over her options.

I have to apologize to Marla here (she reads, who knew?) because I kept mentioning that my dad was coming to dinner and never once mentioned her name. And after my poutfest about the "stepmom outburst" at kindergarten yesterday, I felt terrible about my leaving her out. It made me feel that maybe having the official title doesn't mean squat, and what matters is how people treat you. I'm treated quite well, and I'm thankful for that. I know I will be more concious of her feelings about this in the future.

Tomorrow will be a virtual blissday. Daniel is going to his dads, Mark works the long late shift, and Katie will probably work and then hang with the Char man. No bother, I'm getting to appreciate my time alone. I'm so damn nervous about my ER rotation on Sunday night anyway, that I probably wouldn't be very good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home