Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

1.08.2004

Just a quick note about a couple of books I've been reading.

I started "The Lovely Bones" just after Christmas and finished it in about 5 days. It's very unusual for me to even like a fiction book, but this one sounded good, and it was. It started to drag a bit towards the end, you know how you get the feeling that the author doesn't really know how to wrap it up? But in all, it was very enjoyable.

Now I'm whizzing through a non-fiction (my favorite) book called "Sickened - A Munchausen by Proxy Childhood" and it is consuming me, Gollum! haha. I actually have no idea what that means.

Anyway - it's completely engrossing and I'm finding myself sitting at the kitchen table for w-a-y too long after the household is in bed, just reading reading reading. I started it on Monday and I am about 75% through it. I've always been a bit fascinated by the whole Munchausen syndrome and hearing it through the voice of someone who lived through it - suffering at their mother's hands to the point of near open-heart surgery is really spell binding. I've found myself near tears more than once, reading the unbearable things this girl went through, and how horribly horribly wicked her mother was. I have to keep reminding myself that Munchausen's is a disease, and the mother really can't help herself...but in reality I just want to poke her in the jugular with an icepick!

I have several other books that I got for Christmas that I can't wait to read. I haven't really sat down and read any books for pleasure since August when I started school. Any spare time for reading was spent devouring my "Emergency Care Of The Sick and Injured" textbook.

Ok, I'm off to read now. Don't wait up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home