Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

1.08.2004

Just remember, I was in a really bad mood already...

Mark and I went to buy books today, the first stop was pretty good, we hauled out about 4 bags plus a couple of little doo hickeys for the house. Then we went to the second place, which was a fair clip away from home. (Peoria and 6th for the locals). Anyway, we went some damn weird way and it took us forever and a day to get there. Then when we finally did, we see on their sign that while yes, they do sell books for $3 a bag, there is a limit to 10 books per bag. Are you shitting me? Mark can get 30 books in a bag. So we go in anyway, just to browse around and this clerk up front goes to me -

"Do you want to leave your backpack up here with me?"
"No." And I kept walking.

she started after me, and said -
"Well, you have to."
"Then why did you ask me if I want to..?"
"Well, it's a security issue, you have to leave your bag up here."
"Well that's a security issue to me. I'm not leaving my backpack with someone who works at the thrift store. And besides, what do you think I'm going to do, steal something that you, by the way, got for free?

She gave me a really dirty look, to which I responded in kind.

I think she was a bit taken aback, to say the least.

I put my backpack in the car, came back in to browse with Mark for 5 minutes and then we left buying nothing. I so wanted to say something biting when I left, but I didn't. I'd said enough, I think.

___________

Mark is down south Pueblo way dropping off the midget. She's in her new grown up big girl car seat and I'm sure she's been talking Mark's ear off for the past two hours. Oh, speaking of talking your ear off, Mark dropped his cell phone in the toilet, yes in the toilet.

If you need us, you better try my number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home