Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

9.15.2003

Funny...

Last week Mark told me that Emma had been invited to a birthday party. We hadn't gotten a formal invitation yet, so this weekend I asked him what he knew about the details. He said:

"They're going to have cake and ice cream, and then they are all going somewhere to play nickel slots."
I must have looked at him like he was from another planet. "What?!"
"I dunno, they are going to play nickel slots, the mom said".

So today Emma finally brought hom the invitation. They are going to an indoor funplex type place called "Nickel-A-Play".

I had mental images of these kindergartners riding the People's Choice coach bus up to Central City and feeding nickels into the Wheel of Fortune slot machine, breathing in cigarette smoke and drinking way too many Shirley Temples.

Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home