Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

11.24.2003

Well, it's all over but the cryin'.

Tonight was our last official class, save for our tests. We also found out tonight that our National written test is to be delayed - up to 3 weeks! Someone somewhere dropped the ball, and blah blah blah. Rumor has it we can schedule it on our own through the National Registry of EMT's, so I will check on that tomorrow. I got all my skills signed off on, Trauma Assessment was the last one, of course the hardest. So much to remember. I was up till nearly 4am last night coming up with a way to remember all the points. And then I get to class and nailed it. It was awesome.

So now Monday is our class final, and Friday the 5th is our practical skills test. That's doing all the skills in person for state-appointed proctors. I'm not really that worried about it, I intend to study and cram like a fiend until then.

So we got off early, which was nice. Came home and gave Emma her meddies - liquid ones for her cough. Mark asked me to give them to her nearly as soon as I came in the door. He was saving it for me! How sweet! - heh. She took them so nicely tonight, all she had to say was "that's disgusting". Yes, I know. No you can't have any water. Goodnight.

I feel like now I really have to spend some time each day getting this house in order. Especially ours and Emma's bedrooms. There's no way any Christmas gifts are gonna get put away with things looking like this. It's not condemnable or anything, mostly clean and dirty laundry that needs tending to.

Oh here's something fun. I went down a jeans size, (to 14) without really trying much. My Old Navy jeans had gradually gotten so ridiculously big, everyone was constantly making fun of me, saying it looked like a had a load in my pants cause they were so baggy. I had finally resorted to wearing a belt (I never wear belts) just to hold them up. It had even gotten to the point where I could slip them off to go to the bathroom without unbuttoning or unzipping anything. So I found a pair at ARC the other day that are bee-u-tiful, looks like they had never been worn at all. They were dirt cheap too, which is good because I am counting change these days. It's so hard for me to find jeans because I have a man's ass and a mother's gut. So I'm really happy I found some, and even happier that they aren't a baggy 16! Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home