Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

1.08.2004

Sorry, one more thing. Not sure why I'm telling you this, cause it kinda invalidates the good naturedness of it to tell anyone..but..maybe you can find an opportunity to do it too sometime.

Before we went book buying this morning we went out to breakfast at Denny's. We sat and ate our slams and drank our coffee, and just before we were to leave, a guy alone came and sat right across the aisle from us. He didn't look particularly homeless, but maybe just having a bit of hard times. Before the waitress came over, he was counting out all the change from all his pockets on the table. It was all nickels dimes and pennies, and it wasn't much. I know he was figuring out how much he could order cause when the waitress came over he was still counting and didn't order till he figured out exactly how much he had. He ordered a coffee and wanted to know if he could get half an order of hash browns. She let him. Bleh, I felt so bad.

So when we paid our ticket, I paid his too. I didn't want to make a big deal about it, I've done this before and the waitresses all start running around trying to find who has the ticket and how much it is, etc - and the person is all of the sudden the focus of this activity that no one knows how to deal with. I hate that, the whole point is for it to be a secret. So I just gave the cashier $5 and told her to tell him that someone had paid his tab, and he could order more food if he wanted to. I hope he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home