Desert Sand Mica

Whatever, just crash it Bob...

12.18.2003

Jes' a lit o bit loupy 'ere.

Oh, I type a great british accent. I'm so mellowed out after all the lovely inorganic chemicals in my body. heh. Some folks have been talking in the comments about people who take a lot of Vicodin, are addicted to it. I saw a Dr. Phil recently where some women (housewife types, for some reason) were taking 30 a day. I can't even imagine the sensation. I know you get acclimated to its effects, but still..one woman said she takes ten before her feet hit the floor in the morning. I admit I like the way Vicodin feels but good Lord, I could never get addicted to it.

First of all, I don't get shit done. It doesn't make me sleepy, it just makes me not give a shit. Dishes, laundry, clean towels.. Who cares? I can't get away with that for very long.

It reminds me of that one Deep Thoughts - by jack handy:

"I think it's a good idea to always carry around a couple of sacks. That way, if anyone asks you for help, you can say 'Sorry, got these sacks' "

Only with me it's:
"Nell, could you go to the post office and the bank today?"
"Sorry, Vicodin."


I really will be happy to get back to the land of the living. I've put off so much stuff because I was either in intense pain or out of it. All week! My dentist appointment was on Monday - and I'm just barely getting better.

I still have a couple of C-mas items to pick up. One nearby, one across town - blah. I need to pick the recipes, make a list and buy the stuff for baking with Katie. Oh, that sounds like a new show. Baking With Katie. starring Katie.

Baking With Katie

"Tonight we're going to tease and tantilize you with a dish so decadent, it's barely legal. Hi, I'm Katie. Do you make microwave popcorn? I do. And who doesn't love M & M's. Umm hm, that's what I thought. "

"Well. When's the last time you had a handful of both - at the same time?!" Yea, in your mouth at the same time. It's fast, it's easy, it's addictive, it's unattractive! All those brightly colored candy coated chocolates, swimming in the same bowl with your snow-white popcorn. And the salt. It gets all over the M & M's. Little tiny white flecks of sodium on your candy coated treat."

"But I want you to step out of your box and mix them up and try a bite. No, not just one bite. You have to make sure you get an equitable amount of popcorn and candy in your mouth at the same time. See? Delish. Make sure you have enough M & M's and Orville Redenbacher on hand when unexpected guests come by this holiday season!"

"Till next time, I'm Katie on Baking With Katie!! Join us tomorrow when we show the time and flatware you save by sitting on the floor, eating out of the cupboard. My special guest will be my sister Amanda, who first showed me this time-saving trick. Bye bye!"



________

Well, I have no idea where that came from. I'm gonna post and publish before I do something I'll regret in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home